Rachel Barker recently stepped-up her HR consulting business to the next level and I really love the way she’s gone about it.
Rachel helps leaders in the performing arts to successfully manage their people and create better organisations.
During the course of our discussion, I asked Rachel:
- Tell us a little about your background and led you to launch your own consulting business? How did it feel?
- What consulting kind of consulting services do you provide and to whom?
- Most people who are employed in some sort of HR-related role, when they decide to start their own consultancy they go very broad and very generic. I love the fact that you’ve decided to focus on a particular niche. Why did you choose a narrow area and was it a big or scary decision?
- What’s your advice to other consultants who are trying to find their niche or focus point?
- What are your plans for getting new clients?
- What do you see coming down the road for HR and the world of work and how should listeners get prepared for these changes?