In this article, I’m kindly joined by Harriet Lavender, Co-Founder of Trapeze HR, to talk about growing a successful consultancy in the Human Resources industry.
Read on for our discussion on:
- What Trapeze HR does and how it helps clients.
- How Trapeze HR got its first few clients and the business’ main marketing channels for getting new clients now.
- HR changes and challenges Harriet sees coming down the line and her advice to HR professionals and employers on how to face these challenges.
- Harriet’s advice on how to grow an HR business.
Benjamin Dell is a fascinating guy. A serial entrepreneur, he has founded a number of very successful software businesses that can help HR companies grow faster.
As I discovered at the recent SaaStock tech conference, Benjamin’s business card says he is the founder and CEO at Missinglettr (a social marketing automation company that automatically creates 12 months’ worth of social content for each blog post you publish) but he has plenty more on the go.
Benjamin and I chatted over coffee about his team’s new venture: Onboardflow. Someone signed up for a trial. Now what? OnboardFlow helps you make sense of your trials so that you can convert more of them.
We also chatted about:
- HeySummit which lets you run pain-free online summits. It’s an excellent platform with an amazing team.
- HelpShelf which combines all of your support resources into one gorgeous widget and then makes sure that it’s available when it matters the most.
- Missinglettr which creates strategic, automated social media campaigns that drive traffic for an entire year. Leaving you to focus on what’s really important.
On the business growth side . . .
- Benjamin shared his advice for other HR tech companies that want to develop either new product functions and or grow faster or grow more extensively.
- We discussed how to engage customers in product development and as advocates.
- And more.
It’s one thing to start your own HR consultancy but it’s another thing altogether to run a profitable consulting business in the Human Resources industry.
Today I’m sharing an extensive list of 44 ideas to help make your HR consulting business more profitable.
Thanks to all the successful consultants from the HR industry who have shared their many excellent ideas, suggestions, and pieces of practical advice.
How To Run A Profitable Consultancy In The HR Industry [4 Categories]
To keep things organised, the profitable HR consultancy tips are divided into four broad categories:
- Financial Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Service Delivery
- Your People
Thinking of expanding your HR business internationally?
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, author and keynote speaker.
She’s also the Founder of Dearin & Associates and the International Business Accelerator.
In 2015, Cynthia published her first book, Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East & North Africa, which became an Amazon best-seller.
Her second book, Business Beyond Borders: How to Take Your Company Global is due for release in 2019.
LinkedIn is the place to be if you want to find new B2B clients but advertising there can be quite challenging. Today I discuss LinkedIn advertising for HR companies with AJ Wilcox, founder and CEO of B2Linked, a LinkedIn advertising agency based in the United States.
One Circle is an online platform for HR consultants that connects companies with freelance HR experts, on-demand and across the world.
In this article, I’m kindly joined by One Circle’s founder, Emma El-Karout.
Read on for our discussion on:
- Emma’s background and her motivation to start the One Circle platform for HR consultants.
- What does One Circle do? Which problem does it address and how it is differentiated from other competitors in the space?
- Who is the typical OneCircle HR consultant? Where they are from and how do they help clients?
- Tips on interesting people that HR businesses should check out to grow faster.
- The biggest challenges facing the HR profession.
I talked B2B sales and the impressive DisruptHR conference with Dublin-based, business-growth expert, Derek Howard.
If you are looking to expand your business, you should listen in.
Derek is CEO of The Customer a company that helps companies to grow their business and develop their people.
Derek walked me through an overview of the typical sales cycle and gave practical tips for each stage – definitely have your pen and paper ready.
Furthermore, Derek is one of the co-founders and organisers of the Ireland division of the global DisruptHR seminar series.