Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! Michael Alexis from TeamBuilding.com has a fascinating story. He joined me on the A Better HR Business show to talk about how the global pandemic led to a rapid re-think of his online team building business and how he, his co-founder, and the team are busy growing it now.
Michael and I talked about:
In this article, I’m kindly joined by Nebat Abbas, an HR consultant based in Ethiopia. Nebat runs a business called Phoenix Business Consulting and we’re going to be delving into the work she does and the way Nebat is successfully growing an HR consultancy in Ethiopia.
Meet Nebat Abbas, the founder of Phoenix Business Consulting.
Based in Adis Ababa, Phoenix Business Consulting provides HR consulting, training and recruitment services.
Read on for our discussion on:
- What HR consulting Nebat does and who she helps.
- The current status of the HR consulting industry in Ethiopia.
- What was good and not so good about becoming an independent consultant.
- How Nebat got her first few clients and how she finds them now.
- How Nebat has managed to be interviewed on the radio several times.
- Whether or not to smooth-out cashflow by systematising your services and/or to partner with other HR companies.
- Nebat’s views on change and challenges in the Human Resources industry as a whole.
- Any interesting people and resources to check out that can help HR businesses to grow faster.