I recently chatted with the hugely influential business leader, Aaron Ross, before his headline speech at the SaaStock tech conference.
Aaron is a global keynote speaker and the #1 best-selling author of the classic B2B sales and growth book:
‘Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into A Sales Machine With The $100 Million Best Practices Of Salesforce.com”‘
Aaron has since gone on to write another best-seller called ‘From Impossible To Inevitable‘ which he wrote with the also legendary SaaS growth expert, Jason Lemkin.
From Impossible to Inevitable details the hypergrowth playbook of companies like Hubspot, Salesforce.com (the fastest growing multibillion-dollar software company), and EchoSign—aka Adobe Document Services (which catapulted from $0 to $144 million in seven years).
Regardless of the size of your business, you can use the same insights as these notable companies to learn what it really takes to break your own revenue records.
I’ve read the book and loved it. It will help you:
- Pinpoint why you aren’t growing faster
- Understand what it takes to get to hypergrowth
- Nail a niche (the #1 missing growth ingredient)
- What every revenue leader needs to know about building a scalable sales team
Outside of writing best-selling books and giving headline speeches at conferences around the world, Aaron is Co-CEO of PredictableRevenue.com, which helps companies grow faster with outbound selling systems.
Aaron’s also a happily married family man with a tribe of children, who, if they’re anything like my kids, leave a joyful trail of toys and playful destruction wherever they go.
Benjamin Dell is a fascinating guy. A serial entrepreneur, he has founded a number of very successful software businesses that can help HR companies grow faster.
As I discovered at the recent SaaStock tech conference, Benjamin’s business card says he is the founder and CEO at Missinglettr (a social marketing automation company that automatically creates 12 months’ worth of social content for each blog post you publish) but he has plenty more on the go.
Benjamin and I chatted over coffee about his team’s new venture: Onboardflow. Someone signed up for a trial. Now what? OnboardFlow helps you make sense of your trials so that you can convert more of them.
We also chatted about:
- HeySummit which lets you run pain-free online summits. It’s an excellent platform with an amazing team.
- HelpShelf which combines all of your support resources into one gorgeous widget and then makes sure that it’s available when it matters the most.
- Missinglettr which creates strategic, automated social media campaigns that drive traffic for an entire year. Leaving you to focus on what’s really important.
On the business growth side . . .
- Benjamin shared his advice for other HR tech companies that want to develop either new product functions and or grow faster or grow more extensively.
- We discussed how to engage customers in product development and as advocates.
- And more.
Thinking of expanding your HR business internationally?
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, author and keynote speaker.
She’s also the Founder of Dearin & Associates and the International Business Accelerator.
In 2015, Cynthia published her first book, Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East & North Africa, which became an Amazon best-seller.
Her second book, Business Beyond Borders: How to Take Your Company Global is due for release in 2019.
LinkedIn is the place to be if you want to find new B2B clients but advertising there can be quite challenging. Today I discuss LinkedIn advertising for HR companies with AJ Wilcox, founder and CEO of B2Linked, a LinkedIn advertising agency based in the United States.
Organisational Network Analysis is a fascinating new area of HR Tech.
In this article, I’m kindly joined by Francisco Marin Mayer, Co-Founder & CEO of the rapidly-growing company, Cognitive Talent Solutions.
Read on for our discussion on:
- What is Organisational Network Analysis and what does Cognitive Talent Solutions (CTS) do?
- How CTS got its first few customers and their main marketing channels for getting new clients now.
- Changes and challenges facing the Human Resources industry as a whole.
- Interesting people or resources to check out that can help HR businesses to grow faster.
I talked B2B sales and the impressive DisruptHR conference with Dublin-based, business-growth expert, Derek Howard.
If you are looking to expand your business, you should listen in.
Derek is CEO of The Customer a company that helps companies to grow their business and develop their people.
Derek walked me through an overview of the typical sales cycle and gave practical tips for each stage – definitely have your pen and paper ready.
Furthermore, Derek is one of the co-founders and organisers of the Ireland division of the global DisruptHR seminar series.
Ever since I started my HR business marketing blog, and particularly since I started my podcast for HR companies, I’ve been contacted by many full-time employees asking me how to get an HR side job as a Human Resources professional.
In my time, I have done the various HR side hustles myself and helped others set up their side HR projects.
I’ll show you ten HR side jobs and HR side gig ideas further down in this article.