Do you love helping your clients but hate selling? If so, you’ll love this episode.
Scroll down for a special offer from Reuben.
Today’s guest on A Better HR Business is Reuben Swartz, founder of Mimiran (the CRM for people who love serving clients but hate selling), and the host and Chief Nerd on the Sales for Nerds Podcast.
Reuben graduated with a computer science degree from Princeton University and got lost on his way out to Silicon Valley, ending up in Texas instead.
There, Reuben wrote code that powered hundreds of billions of dollars of transactions, before realizing that the interesting problems were not just the technology, but the way organizations use technology.
He started Mimiran (“mim-eran”) to bring together technology, strategy, and business processes for sales and marketing, especially pricing, for large companies, consulting and training many members of the Fortune 500. After the birth of his twins, he didn’t want to travel all the time, and he wanted to work with smaller firms more like his company and less like the giant corporations he had served.
Reuben created the Mimiran CRM to make it easier for service-oriented firms to sell without having to be “sales-y”, and started the Sales for Nerds podcast so that other people could learn the easy way, instead of the way he learned.
- Reuben’s background in B2B sales.
- Lead magnets – what are they and how do they help?
- People who don’t use lead magnets because they get all their leads from referrals then it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- What makes a good proposal to potential new clients?
- Reuben’s advice on how to approach a potential client that you’ve found on LinkedIn.
- Reuben’s thoughts on the best way for a consultant or startup founder to approach their former employers to get them as a client.
- How a consultant or startup founder should conduct a sales meeting with a potential new client.
- A suggested plan of attack if starting out as a new HR consultant or a new HR tech startup.
Special Offer From Reuben
Mimiran: If you’d like a free trial of Mimiran and then get 10% off, use the referral code: MOREHR
Sales Training: Reuben also hosts a fabulous podcast and an online sales training course for consultants – you can check it out here.
Sales Podcast: Reuben is also the host and Chief Nerd on the excellent Sales for Nerds Podcast.
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
I write the Get More HR Clients blog as a former HR professional who has moved across to the marketing side of business.
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
If you have questions you want me to ask or if there are companies or consultants you’d like me to talk to, just let me know.
Go to: Get More HR Clients.com/podcast and get in touch.
While You’re Here . . .
If you work as a Human Resources consultant or in an HR tech startup in recruitment, training & development, employee engagement, HR consulting, employment law, employee outplacement – my HR marketing update will help.
Join my private HR marketing newsletter for consultants and tech companies in the Human Resources industry.
Enjoy the show!