I was delighted to be joined on the A Better HR Business show by Gemma Alicia Long, Founder & HR Consultant at HR & Co, an HR consultancy that specializes in supporting small businesses, with expert, affordable, and bespoke outsourced HR solutions.
Gemma recently celebrated the 1-year anniversary of HR & Co which is always a great occasion for any new business. She kindly joined me to share her story and advice on starting & growing a new Human Resources consultancy.
Gemma is a chartered member of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development). She graduated from Coventry University with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resources, Level 7 and she is also a qualified Mental health first aider and trained in Mediation.
Gemma has over 18 years of experience in senior HR roles supporting a range of industries including engineering, automotive, retail, education, Film and TV, and HR consultancy.
HR & Co supports small businesses with up to 50 employees who are looking for flexible HR support and an onsite HR presence or larger companies who may need extra HR support onsite.
In a wide-ranging discussion, Gemma and I talked about:
- Why Gemma launched her HR consulting business (and how she felt at the time).
- How HR & Co got its first few clients.
- How HR & Co helps employers.
- The service structure and pricing model used by the business.
- How to differentiate HR & Co from the huge firms in the HR space.
- HR & Co’s tailored approach to add real value and results
- Getting new clients on LinkedIn and through referrals
- Gemma’s advice for growing and winning new business
- What the future holds for the business.
- And much more.
Episode 192 – HR & Co – Human Resources consultancy for small businesses – with Gemma Alicia Long
You can find the podcast on all the main podcast players.
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech companies from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
If you have questions you want to ask me about growing an HR consultancy or marketing for HR tech companies, just let me know or visit the HR marketing services page.
Remember to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified of new episodes.
Enjoy the show!