I recently chatted with the hugely influential business leader, Aaron Ross, before his headline speech at the SaaStock tech conference.
Aaron is a global keynote speaker and the #1 best-selling author of the classic B2B sales and growth book:
‘Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into A Sales Machine With The $100 Million Best Practices Of Salesforce.com”‘
Aaron has since gone on to write another best-seller called ‘From Impossible To Inevitable‘ which he wrote with the also legendary SaaS growth expert, Jason Lemkin.
From Impossible to Inevitable details the hypergrowth playbook of companies like Hubspot, Salesforce.com (the fastest growing multibillion-dollar software company), and EchoSign—aka Adobe Document Services (which catapulted from $0 to $144 million in seven years).
Regardless of the size of your business, you can use the same insights as these notable companies to learn what it really takes to break your own revenue records.
I’ve read the book and loved it. It will help you:
- Pinpoint why you aren’t growing faster
- Understand what it takes to get to hypergrowth
- Nail a niche (the #1 missing growth ingredient)
- What every revenue leader needs to know about building a scalable sales team
Outside of writing best-selling books and giving headline speeches at conferences around the world, Aaron is Co-CEO of PredictableRevenue.com, which helps companies grow faster with outbound selling systems.
Aaron’s also a happily married family man with a tribe of children, who, if they’re anything like my kids, leave a joyful trail of toys and playful destruction wherever they go.
In this article, I’m kindly joined by Harriet Lavender, Co-Founder of Trapeze HR, to talk about growing a successful consultancy in the Human Resources industry.
Read on for our discussion on:
- What Trapeze HR does and how it helps clients.
- How Trapeze HR got its first few clients and the business’ main marketing channels for getting new clients now.
- HR changes and challenges Harriet sees coming down the line and her advice to HR professionals and employers on how to face these challenges.
- Harriet’s advice on how to grow an HR business.
Benjamin Dell is a fascinating guy. A serial entrepreneur, he has founded a number of very successful software businesses that can help HR companies grow faster.
As I discovered at the recent SaaStock tech conference, Benjamin’s business card says he is the founder and CEO at Missinglettr (a social marketing automation company that automatically creates 12 months’ worth of social content for each blog post you publish) but he has plenty more on the go.
Benjamin and I chatted over coffee about his team’s new venture: Onboardflow. Someone signed up for a trial. Now what? OnboardFlow helps you make sense of your trials so that you can convert more of them.
We also chatted about:
- HeySummit which lets you run pain-free online summits. It’s an excellent platform with an amazing team.
- HelpShelf which combines all of your support resources into one gorgeous widget and then makes sure that it’s available when it matters the most.
- Missinglettr which creates strategic, automated social media campaigns that drive traffic for an entire year. Leaving you to focus on what’s really important.
On the business growth side . . .
- Benjamin shared his advice for other HR tech companies that want to develop either new product functions and or grow faster or grow more extensively.
- We discussed how to engage customers in product development and as advocates.
- And more.
It’s one thing to start your own HR consultancy but it’s another thing altogether to run a profitable consulting business in the Human Resources industry.
Today I’m sharing an extensive list of 44 ideas to help make your HR consulting business more profitable.
Thanks to all the successful consultants from the HR industry who have shared their many excellent ideas, suggestions, and pieces of practical advice.
How To Run A Profitable Consultancy In The HR Industry [4 Categories]
To keep things organised, the profitable HR consultancy tips are divided into four broad categories:
- Financial Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Service Delivery
- Your People
Personio is a fast-growing, well-funded software startup based in Munich that offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 2000 employees.
With its 300 or so employees from 34 different countries, Personio works on making the day-to-day business operations of HR teams around the world more efficient, transparent and effortless.
I met with CEO & Co-Founder, Hanno Renner, at the recent SaaStock tech conference to talk all about growing an HR software company.
Hanno and I chatted over coffee about why he and the team started Personio, how it has grown, and how the company partners with other HR companies and HR consultants.
Based in Wroclaw & Krakow in Poland, OpsTalent is a very successful outsourcing or ‘nearshoring’ company that delivers software development & multi-lingual customer support services for some of the world’s most innovative companies.
I spoke with Ken Coyne, Head of Technology at OpsTalent about how the business began (love was involved), how it has grown, and how the company partners with other HR companies and HR consultants.
Thinking of expanding your HR business internationally?
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, author and keynote speaker.
She’s also the Founder of Dearin & Associates and the International Business Accelerator.
In 2015, Cynthia published her first book, Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East & North Africa, which became an Amazon best-seller.
Her second book, Business Beyond Borders: How to Take Your Company Global is due for release in 2019.