Aimee Bateman is an entrepreneur who has faced the challenges of starting a business head-on. Despite being warned about the difficulties, she forged ahead with determination and a clear vision. She believes that sometimes being a bit “messed in the head” is necessary for entrepreneurs to take on the obstacles they will inevitably face.
Aimee’s story is one of perseverance, staying focused on the ultimate goal, and taking it week by week, month by month. Her journey exemplifies the tenacity and resilience required to succeed as an entrepreneur.
In 2010, Aimee Bateman embarked on a journey in talent development, launching a YouTube channel with a £10 second-hand camera. Over the next decade, she transformed it into the award-winning e-learning company, Careercake, supporting 10 million professionals worldwide.
In 2019, Careercake was voted the UK’s No.1 ‘Careers Advice Website,’ and in 2022, it was acquired by SocialTalent. Aimee, a globally recognized entrepreneur, speaker, and careers advocate, has also mentored over 3 million on LinkedIn Learning, sharing authentic insights for the challenges faced by founders and entrepreneurs.
In a wide-ranging discussion, Aimee and Ben talk about:
- Navigating the transition from a B2C to a B2B model.
- Engaging with investors, involving clients in product creation, and embracing continual feedback and evolution in a venture-backed start-up.
- The challenges of competing with big players in the market.
- Strategies to build a strong community on YouTube.
- The significance of building in public and showing care for the audience.
- Learnings from Aimee’s experience of selling Careercake to SocialTalent.
- What she’ll build next (Aimee doesn’t know yet so she shares how she’ll decide).
- And much more.
Aimee Bateman: www.linkedin.com/in/aimeebateman
YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/@AimeeBatemanYouTube
Aimee Bateman – Founder, Speaker and Career Development Coach
You can find the podcast on all the main podcast players.
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech companies from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
If you have questions you want to ask me about growing an HR consultancy or marketing for HR tech companies, just let me know or visit the HR marketing services page.
Remember to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified of new episodes.
Enjoy the show!