Ever since I started my HR business marketing blog, and particularly since I started my podcast for HR companies, I’ve been contacted by many full-time employees asking me how to get an HR side job as a Human Resources professional.
In my time, I have done the various HR side hustles myself and helped others set up their side HR projects.
I’ll show you ten HR side jobs and HR side gig ideas further down in this article.
The coronavirus has put huge pressure on businesses in the Human Resources industry such as recruitment firms, employee engagement firms, and others.
Today I’m sharing an extensive list of 45 ideas to help make your HR consulting business more profitable.
Thanks to all the successful consultants from the HR industry who have shared their many excellent ideas, suggestions, and pieces of practical advice.
How To Run A Profitable Consultancy In The HR Industry [4 Categories]
To keep things organised, the profitable HR consultancy tips are divided into four broad categories:
- Financial Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Service Delivery
- Your People
The global pandemic has caused great chaos and uncertainty and has caused many HR professionals to look into how to become a freelance HR consultant.
Here are 7 steps to follow if you are wondering how to become a freelance HR consultant.
- Identify your core strengths and preferences.
- Understand your ultimate motivators and drivers.
- Clearly identify your target market (don’t be too general).
- Have savings and/or find a way to access cash fast.
- Build an online presence and network right now.
- Plan your marketing strategy (don’t just rely on referrals).
- Start executing the plan.
Want some help getting started?
You’ll also find links to several resources that will help get you started on your journey to becoming a freelance Human Resources consultant.
One Circle is a platform of freelance HR consultants providing Human Resource consulting services, digitally, sharing thought leadership and solutions.
Completely virtual, One Circle allows companies to engage with and hire freelance HR consultants online, on-demand, from around the world and across the employee lifecycle, all in one place.
The Co-Founder of One Circle, Emma El-Karout, joined me on the podcast to talk about this new HR consulting work platform.
During our chat, we talked about:
Do you get paid for your knowledge and expertise? If so, it might be worthwhile creating your own online course.
In this discussion, online course creation coach, Johnny Beirne, explains exactly how to turn your expertise into an online product which can be sold 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Want more? Johnny will be speaking at the HR Consultants’ Online Conference.
One Circle is an online platform for HR consultants that connects companies with freelance HR experts, on-demand and across the world.
In this article, I’m kindly joined by One Circle’s founder, Emma El-Karout.
Read on for our discussion on:
- Emma’s background and her motivation to start the One Circle platform for HR consultants.
- What does One Circle do? Which problem does it address and how it is differentiated from other competitors in the space?
- Who is the typical OneCircle HR consultant? Where they are from and how do they help clients?
- Tips on interesting people that HR businesses should check out to grow faster.
- The biggest challenges facing the HR profession.