Vern Howard is the CEO and Co-Founder of the very impressive digital recruitment events platform, Hallo.
Hallo is a diversity recruiting platform that helps connect college students across the country with leading companies like Apple and Google.
The company has raised $1.9m in funding from Canaan Partners, Tribe Capital, Kleiner Perkins, and many other leading VCs.
As they say themselves, Hallo helps your company engage with the next generation of talent while learning valuable data-driven insights about your brand.
Let’s find out how.
During the course of our discussion, I asked Vern:
- Tell us a little about your background and what led you to the formation of Hallo?
- What does Hallo do? How do you help your customers?
- Where do you think we are now in terms of diversity & inclusion in recruitment and workplaces these days? Are we making progress?
- How did Hallo get its first few customers? What are your main marketing channels for getting new customers now?
- Does Hallo ever partner with other companies or consultants in the HR world?
- I saw you raised some VC capital. Can you tell us about that: why did the VCs decide to back you and what tips do you have for other HR Tech firms looking to raise money?
- What do you see coming down the road for HR and the world of work and how should listeners get prepared for these changes?
If you want to get in touch with Vern, reach out to him via the Hallo website.
Get Your HR Industry Business Growth Newsletter & Resources
Before we get on the podcast interview, are you receiving my free resources and business growth briefings?
Over to Vern (thanks Vern) . . .
Interview With Vern Howard of Hallo
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech companies from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
If you have questions you want me to ask me about growing an HR consultancy or marketing for HR tech companies, just let me know or visit the HR marketing services page.
Remember to subscribe to get notified of new episodes.
Enjoy the show!