Supporting employee health & wellbeing can be more difficult than it sounds…
- Utilization rates can be very low. The HR budget allocates a large proportion to health & wellness components such as an EAP or vitual health consultation services. However, staff often don’t the benefits enough to justify the large expense. On the other hand, if you get rid of the wellness programs, you’ll have staff running off to any one of the competitors’ vacancies down the virtual road.
- It’s hard to get the message through. You’ve run general wellness promotions and communications campaigns. Such promotions are usually one-way communication feauturing online Town Hall meetings, promotional posters on the walls, talking points for team meetings, and similar. Unfortunately, it’s all one-way and the message rarely really sinks in, especially since covid ushered in a much more dispersed, hybrid workforce.
- Employers try launching such as ‘walking challenges” and other activities but they tend to only skim the surface and don’t have much lasting effect.
- Some people don’t stick to their treatment plans which affect workforce attendance, staffing plans, and claims rates. It’s hard to get through to some of these people to take more preventive action.
I recently discovered a very cool solution to these problems . . .
About Tom Chamberlain
Tom is the Founder and CEO of EdLogics, a digital health communications company dedicated to transforming the way people learn about health.
Tom has more than thirty years of experience designing innovative educational programs and population health initiatives for the healthcare industry.
Leveraging his experience building innovative healthcare organizations from startup to maturity, Tom brings a wealth of knowledge and insight to the development of highly effective consumer engagement solutions designed to change consumer behavior and improve healthcare outcomes.
EdLogics improves the lives of people by engaging and motivating them to learn about important health issues and become better healthcare decision-makers. Through interactive health games, multimedia educational programs, innovative gamification strategies, and rewards for educational achievement, The EdLogics Platform™ makes learning fun and engaging, improves health literacy, measures learning comprehension, and transforms the way consumers learn about health.
For show notes and to see details of my previous guests, check out the podcast page here:
In a wide-ranging discussion, Thomas and I talked about:
- How to boost employee engagement for health benefits.
- How EdLogics makes health education fun, engaging, and rewarding.
- Boosting engagement and utilization rates of healthcare and wellness programs with EdLogics.
- The ease of implementation for clients using the platform.
- EdLogics provides personalized content based on age, gender, and subject matter interests.
- How data can be gathered in a compliant and secured environment.
- And more.
Ok, over to Tom (thanks Tom) . . .
Tom Chamberlain, PharmD., Founder and CEO of EdLogics
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech companies from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
If you have questions you want to ask me about growing an HR consultancy or marketing for HR tech companies, just let me know or visit the HR marketing services page.
Remember to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified of new episodes.
Enjoy the show!