Miho Shoji is one well-travelled HR tech entrepreneur. She was born in Bolivia and then lived in Chile for 15 years before she moving to New York City.
From her varied experiences, she is all too aware of how emotions impact productivity; so much so that she partnered up with Alfredo Jaldin to co-found Moodbit, with the mission to measure and improve the morale of employees.
With Moodbit, you can easily check your team’s emotions in real-time with mood indicators.
Your employees can also excel with weekly suggested actions to improve their well-being, engagement, and productivity.
Miho and I had a really interesting conversation on a range of HR Tech topics. We started with the challenges facing women in tech.
Here’s what I asked Miho:
- The tech sector seems so male-dominated. what’s it like being a female founder? Any advice for other women in tech?
- What does Moodbit do? What are the typical outcomes companies get when they use the Moodbit platform?
- How do people use Moodbit on a practical, day-to-day basis?
- There’s so much competition out there in the employee engagement space. How do you sell Moodbit to employers over other options?
- How did you get your first few customers and what are your main marketing channels for getting new customers now? (ProductHunt helped kick things off)
- There was a wonderful write-up about you and your company in Moodbit in Forbes magazine. I’m curious, how did you get that?
- The HR industry continues to evolve at a rapid rate. What change and challenges do you see now and in the future?
- Any tips on interesting people, websites, tools, podcasts, or books that HR businesses should check out to grow faster? (Familiar favourite, Josh Bersin gets a mention on the show again).
Before we start . . .Join my private HR marketing newsletter for consultants and tech companies in the Human Resources industry.
Ok, here’s Miho . . .
Growing An HR Tech Business – Miho Shoji Of Moodbit
About The ‘A Better HR Business’ Podcast
In my HR marketing podcast, I talk with different HR consultants and HR tech companies from around the world to learn about what they do and how they keep their businesses healthy and moving in the right direction.
Remember to subscribe to get notified of new episodes.
Enjoy the show!