Today we’re looking at how to get more recruitment clients and I have kindly been joined by GetMoreHRclients reader, Muhammad Qazi, who runs a highly successful recruitment consultancy in beautiful Islamabad.
With a Masters in HRM, and a long history in human resources and recruitment, Muhammad’s firm continues to grow.
Beyond HR and recruitment, Muhammad remains a very interesting person. I discovered that he presented a paper recently at an international conference in Kuala Lumpur on the topic of ‘Chinese Entrepreneurship – A Case In Point’. His book on the topic (‘Chinese Entrepreneurship – A Benchmark for Pakistan’) was published recently too.
Muhammad founded Jobs360 which aims to act as a bridge between employers and employees, guiding both with their local industry knowledge and experience. Jobs 360 was one of the first companies in Pakistan that allowed job seeking clients to go online and submit their resume for review and guidance.
In addition to jobs in Pakistan, Jobs360 also provides jobs to clients abroad in Dubai and Saudi Arabia.
How To Get More Recruitment Clients – Q&A With Muhammad Qazi
Here’s what I asked Muhammad:
- What does your business do and who does it help?
- Do you focus on a niche within the market or do you serve all businesses (if so, how do you try to stand-out from competitors)?
- What are some effective ways you have acquired new clients/customers? What makes them effective?
- Any ineffective ways? Why didn’t they work so well?
- Can you share some tips on interesting people, websites, tools, podcasts, or books to check out to help grow a business faster?
Let’s get into it . . .
1. What does your business do and who does it help?
My business helps job seekers apply and get jobs in an easy and cost effective way.
The app can be used on Android phones and job seekers can search and apply for jobs on the go.
2. Do you focus on a niche within the market or do you serve all businesses (if so, how do you try to stand-out from competitors)?
We have targeted campaigns and focus on the low hanging fruit. Targeted campaigns are more useful as we have divided the market into sectors by the HR functions. As we are an HR company, it becomes easier to spot opportunities. We look for new startup companies and small and medium sized enterprises, as they provide easy opportunities. Operating this way is easier for us.
We provide better quality services because of our extensive team knowledge.
3. What are some effective ways you have acquired new clients/customers? What makes them effective?
Social media, targeted selling and leaflets etc. Social media is an easy way to reach a larger targeted audience. But the results are better once it is combined with visits and active selling.
Printed leaflets carried by our marketing teams makes it easier to gain customers. Customers need to be understand and appreciate the benefits of the products, before they are asked to try the product.
4. Any ineffective ways? Why didn’t they work so well?
Advertising in newspapers was costly and ineffective.
5. Can you share some tips on interesting people, websites, tools, podcasts, or books to check out to help grow a business faster?
Brian Tracy. The Lean Startup (book).
Muhammad and his team have done an great job growing the business from startup to hugely successful recruitment business in the crowded sector and in multiple countries.
To find out more about this successful business, visit Jobs 360.
Next: Join my private mailing list now and I’ll send you my four step strategy to get more clients in the Human Resources industry.