Thanks to my podcast, newsletter, blog, LinkedIn posts, etc, I get marketing queries every week from companies and individuals running businesses in the HR sector.
The questions often revolve around this central question:
‘What should we do next?’
Prefer To Listen? Podcast Version of ‘Use This Simple 5-Step Process To Grow Your HR Business‘
In Episode 119 of the A Better HR Business show, I share a simple 5-step process you can use to grow your HR business.
It makes sense.
There are so many options out there for people trying to grow their HR business.
These lead to questions such as:
- Should we be running paid ads somewhere?
- Do we need a blog?
- What should we be posting on LinkedIn?
- Which types of companies should we approach? Why are they ignoring us?
- Should I write a book?
- What about Google AdWords?
- What should we say on our website?
- Should we be making videos?
- How should we send emails? Hubspot, Mailchimp, Active Campaign, something else?
- How do we decide what to offer?
- What’s the right angle to take in sales meetings?
- How do we get more clients?
Again, ‘What should we do next?‘
People often feel a little overwhelmed.
A Simple 5-Step Process To Follow
Here’s a simple 5-step process I use with my clients which are either: consulting firms, HR tech firms, or individual consultants, all within the wide HR sector.
- Get crystal clear on your ideal client types and make sure your services offerings are aligned so they are more appealing to your ideal clients. Find your business sweet spots. Nail down your sales messaging to use in all your sales and marketing.
- Identify your marketing preferences & roadblocks. Play to your strengths. Then select the best marketing methods for your business. This is different for every person and every business. Depends on your personality, your preferences, your budget, and your goals.
- Create your 90-Day Marketing Plan. Set out your plan in a clear one-page Gantt chart with specific goals and activities. One consultant I know credits her program of 90-Day Marketing Plans as being the main driver for her to rapidly racing from being a solo consultant to becoming a highly successful million-dollar+ consulting company with staff clients right across the US.
- If you plan to spend money, you’ll want create your marketing budget. This should be a clear, one-page spreadsheet tracking expected vs actual marketing spend.
- Work the plan and track your business goals & metrics. Start with the end in mind, right? What numbers do you want to achieve and how will you measure your progress? Set realistic targets and work towards them every day like clockwork.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Now, as I mentioned, one size does not fit all.
Not every marketing method is right for your business
There are so many different ways to promote your HR business.
You have an awful lot of options to choose from . . .
- Google Ads
- Advertising in HR media
- Online conference
- Thought Leadership
- Facebook Ads
- Deep Dive Articles
- Referrals & Networking
- YouTube Ads
- Engineering as Marketing
- Trade Shows
- Offline Events
- LinkedIn Ads
- Speaking Engagements
You can’t do it all.
You shouldn’t do it all.
Want Some Help?
If this feels a little overwhelming or if you’d like some help implementing the process, I can guide you through the maze of confusing options.
I’ll help you choose the right marketing methods for you and your business.
I’ve helped hundreds of HR business owners around the world to build a better business.
I will act as your de facto Marketing Director to guide you as you design, launch, & run your 90-Day Marketing Plan.
You will know what you need to do and when you need to do it.
I will also give you clear instructions and advice on how to do it.
I’ll also answer any questions you have along the way.
- Want to produce thought leadership that attracts new clients? I’ll tell you how to do it.
- Want to advertise your business on Google, LinkedIn, or somewhere else? I’ll tell you how to do it.
- Want to contact prospective clients by email or LinkedIn? I’ll tell you how to do it.
- Want to start a podcast or make educational videos? I’ll tell you how to do it.
- Want to team up with another non-competing HR company in a partnership? I’ll tell you how to do it.
Whatever your marketing plan entails, I’ll guide you and tell you exactly what you need to do.
I’ll also answer any questions you have along the way.
Want More Information?
If this kind of support sounds good to you and you’d like some more details, visit this page: GetMoreHRClients.com/Services
When you’re ready to have a chat about getting started, you can request a call using the form on the page.
The form asks a few questions that help me determine if this is a good fit.
We’ll have a quick conversation to clarify your situation, goals, and ambitions.
If it’s a good fit, I can enroll you the same day and get you set up there and then – and our first call will be in a few days.
Now, I should point out that it’s not a training course or a coaching program.
It’s me working directly with you one-on-one.
Remember, I studied HR, worked in HR, ran my own HR consultancy, and now only work with ambitious HR-related consulting businesses.
It’s one-to-one work that will transform your business.
There are plenty of clients out there but, at the moment, they’re going to your competitors.
My job is to make sure more of those new clients come to you.
Go check out all the details: GetMoreHRClients.com/Services.
All the best,